Useful Lao phrases for your travel in Laos



Let’s speak Lao

Greeting
Hello! Hi!- Chang dai (sa bai dee)
Good morning -Sa bai dee
Good afternoon -Sa bai dee
Good evening -Sa bai dee
Good night - La Tee Sa Wat
How are you? -Chao sa bai dee baw?
How do you do? -Chao sa bai dee baw?
I’m fine, thanks -Khoy sa bai dee, Khob chai
And you -Lae chao de:I’m fine, too -Khoy sa bai dee, keu kan
I’m pleased to meet you -Khoy dee chai lai thee dai phob chao
Good by-La kon
See you -Laew phob kan mai
Thank you - Khop Chai
Excuse me - Khor Thod
No problem - Bor Pen Yang

Name
What’s your name? -Chao seu gnang?
My name is…. -Khoy seu….
What’s his/her name? -Lao/nang seu gnang?
How old are you? -Chao a: gnu chak pee?
I’m twenty years old -Khoy a: gnu sao pee
Are you married? -Cha sang khob khua laew baw
Yes/no -Sang laew/ gnang baw sang

Taxi
Where is the taxi station -sathanee lod taxi yu sai
How far from here to…?-Kai pan dai chak nee pai ha…?
How much to…? -Thao dai/chak kip pai ha…?
Too expensive -Pheng lai/ pheng thae

Bus
Where is the bus station? -Sa tha nee lod me: yu sai?
What time will the bus leave?-Lod me: cha awk chak mong?
How much is the fare? -Pee lod thao dai?
Does this bus go to? -Lod nee cha pai thang dai?

Boat
Where can we get on the boat? -Phuak hao cha pai kheun heua yu sai?
What time does it leave? -Chak mong heua cha awk?

Air
Where can I buy a plane ticket? -khoy sa mad pai seu pee heua bin yu sai?

Hotels/guesthouse
Is there any hotels/guest house near by? -Yu nee mee hong haem/ban phak baw?
Can I/we stay here? -Khoy /phuak hao phak yu nee dai baw?
Do you have a room? -Chao mee hong phak baw?
How much per night? -Kheun neung thao dai?
Do you have any other room? -Chao mee hong eun eek baw?

Shopping
How much is it? - La Ka Thao Dai
Too expensive - Phaeng Tae
Any discount? - Lot La Ka Hai Dae Dai Bor?
Không có nhận xét nào :

Không có nhận xét nào :

Đăng nhận xét